Saturday, September 27, 2008

Random Things

Last Saturday Josh decided to cut up a tree that had fallen over during one of the 'floods' and have a wienie roast. It was totally put together last minute but we had fun.
Jen and Preston came to see all the excitement...notice the huge pile of brush in the background.















Well, lets just say Josh had a hard time getting the fire started...the timber was still a little wet...so he decided to use a little 'starter'.




















After about an hour or more of trying to get it going after the lighter fluid he decided to get the big guns out...gas. Lets just say the wet brush was no match.















We were able to enjoy some roasted wienies and smo'res. The most shocking of all is Mallory didn't like toasted marshmallows...she isn't our child.















Earlier on Saturday I went to the Moms2Moms sale in Liberty. I was able to get some good things for cheap. I was mostly looking for play clothes for Mallory. I was able to buy her a couple of dresses for this winter.
Mal trying out her new wings and tutu...how cute




















I must admit my little girl is a girly-girl. She loves her shoes, purses, bracelets and dress-up clothes.




















Playing w/ a punching ball. I tried to talk her out of taking it outside...knowing it would get popped, but I guess some lessons have to be learned on their own. Luckily I bought a package of 3 so she wasn't too upset when she saw we had another one.




















No new baby news. I am going to the dr every week now. Last week my BP was 130/68 and the baby was 144 bpm (beats per minute)...which is going down from 150s but still very healthy. Josh was very happy because this means its in the 'boy' heartbeat range...lower for a boy, higher for a girl. I do remember Mallory's going up into the 160s the last couple of appointments we had before she came into the world. So we will see in about 4 weeks if it's a boy or girl. Josh is so funny because every time I say something about the baby being here in about 4 weeks he looks at me and says don't say that. In a way we are both nervous, excited, scared about what is to come. Regardless we are going to do great and adjustment is just one more step to being a bigger family.
I think the funniest question I have gotten so far during this pregnancy is if we are going to have more kids. 1) why would you ask a 9 mo pregnant woman that 2)I just say if we are going to have more it will defiantly be when Mallory is in kindergarten/1st grade. But a lot can change between now and then. Only God knows when when will have more children. I am looking forward to enjoying the two I have for now.
I catch myself getting frustrated w/ Mallory or things that aren't done around the house and I have to realize that this is precious time I have w/ her and before long there will be another one that requires attention. So that means my house is a total mess...so don't be shocked when you come over:)

No comments: