Friday, October 06, 2006

Cereal, exersaucers and rolling

Nana got Mal an exersaucer...she loves it. It has taken her a while to get used to having so many chewing options in front of her. She gets a little overwhelmed sometimes but for the most part loves it


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Mallory playing in her exersaucer.


So Josh and I were in the kitchen getting dinner ready and we noticed that Mallory was very quite. So we looked in the family room and she looked like this.


We couldn't figure out why she looked like this until we looked down:




I think we laughed for 5 minutes until we got her straightened out. She was just hanging out, not complaining at all.

Well things have been a little rough lately. Mallory is really changing a lot and it's hard for us to keep up w/ her. When I picked her up from the sitter on Tuesday, Barb told me that she ate 8 ounces of formula at one time. She had been eating 4 ounces. It was a good thing I picked her up early because Barb wouldn't have had enough formula. Now the (kind of) bad thing about that is I'm still only producing 4 ounces...so it's going to take my body a while to get up to 6-8 ounces and until then Mallory will be eating every 1-2 hours. Luckily she is still sleeping through the night...BUT she has been getting up about 3:30 to eat again because she is starving.

We started feeding her cereal on Monday. She isn't too sure about it. She pushes more of it out then in. I'm going to keep trying it and start mixing it with breastmilk instead of formula...maybe she'll like it more.

She has been extremely fussy lately. Part of that is due to my milk shortage but the other part is because she is immobile and it's making her so frustrated. She is just now rolling over and loves to sit up. So anytime she isn't doing those two things she is pretty fussy. I also have had to start swaddling her to get her to sleep...sometimes I feel like we are going backwards. But for the most part when she is happy, she is HAPPY!!! I have started to put her in the carrier and do stuff around the house so that she is entertained and I can get stuff done. It does help that we have the exersaucer but she will only stay in that about 15 minutes. I know it's just a transition stage and I'll be sad when she is mobile (because she'll be into everything). But right now I would rather have her mobile and happy then immobile and fussy. Ah the joys of parenthood.

Wedding plans are coming along slowly. I still have 30 lbs to loose before the wedding so send me your weight loss vibes so I can get the extra weight:) That is our life in a nutshell (for now).

Mallory rolling over. She has only done it a couple of times since this video but is starting to do it more often. Before I know it she'll be sitting up and crawling


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Mallory's 1st taste of cereal. She isn't too sure about it and spits most of it out but we try and give her some at least once a day.















She looks thrilled doesn't she??















Daddy snoozing w/ Mallory. I came home from running errands and I found both of them like this. TOO CUTE!!!

No comments: