Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Well unfortunately I lost my camera for a couple of days so I don't have any pictures of Mallory in her super cute V-day outfit...but I will soon because I found the camera:) I just want to take a moment and wish my grandmother and Aunt Sandy a Happy Birthday (they were both born on Valentine's Day...how lucky can you be to have your birthday on a holiday and then give birth to your own child on your birthday which is a holiday). My grandmother turned 80 this year...she still has another 20 years of spit-fire in her:) So Mallory and I will be making a solo journey to visit Oma and grandma for a big 80th b-day party.

Not much has been happening lately. Since we have gotten quite a bit of snow we have been staying inside...that and it's only been like 20 outside (it was 6 when I got home tonight).

On Wednesday breastfeeding group was cancelled so I invited some of the girls over to make the afternoon go by quicker.

Here is Mallory and Jack...it looks like Mallory is about to smack the crap out of him but she is more interested in pulling his glasses off. I'm sure you will be seeing a lot of Jack and Hailey (she is in the brown pants). They live right down the street from Barb's and Jack is a couple months younger then Mallory...they get along great.















Look at how innocent they look:)















Mallory standing...she is pulling up a lot more and walking (with assistance). She will crawl but only when she is really PO'd




















Mallory and Jack at BFSG last week














Jack jumping on Mallory:)















Some of the babies of the booby club:) L to R: Jack, Mallory, Lucy, Preston and Ethan














Mallory in her Johnny Jump Up...Which she doesn't' ever jump in it...she either cries or runs around in circles. The other day there was a dirty laundry basket w/in her reach...she was running around w/ a pair of my dirty underwear in her hands. She thought it was pretty funny. I keep trying to get video of her running around in circles (it's pretty funny) but it turns out too dark...but I'll keep trying.















Mallory is doing much better w/ her cold. She still has a runny nose but isn't coughing anymore. She had her 9 mo checkup today and is doing very well. I didn't grab the sheet that says the % for her age (sorry). She is 26 inches long and weighs 16 lbs 8 oz...so she is doing great. I asked Dr. Lively about a flour/gluten allergy and he said to just keep her away from it as much as we could until she is a year old. In case you didn't know she breaks out in hives if she eats any type of product that has flour/gluten like biscuits, crackers, teething biscuits, etc. We have been trying to make sure we only give her things that have rice flour or oat flour...she loves Cheerios and it seems to be doing the trick...she hasn't had any breakouts. Dr. Lively said that if there is an allergy to flour/gluten in the family the we might have to wait until she is 2 to introduce those types of foods. So I need to look into our family history.

She is a happy and healthy baby so we are very grateful for that. I'll post some V-day outfit pictures soon:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time at your place on Wednesday!!! Thanks for the invite....cute pics too!!

Preston and Mommy