Sunday, September 09, 2007

Labor Day, Smiles and Lovin'

Things in the Sutton/Higgins household have been going swell. Josh and I are about to make an offer on a house...which we are very excited about. We are both ready to start a new chapter in our lives together. I will post pictures at a later time (hopefully after our offer is excepted).

Well Mallory is doing very well. She is almost 22 lbs and growing like a weed. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home w/ her and watch her learn and grow. It just fascinates me how smart she is.

Here is our ham. She is really starting to 'show off' when we are around company
She's showing her devilish side w/ her horns (she had pigs in earlier that day). This is also a good picture of all her teeth...she has 11 and has almost broken a 12th through.














Silly girl...she is sitting on my lap while I'm typing this and is cracking up at herself.














Our neighbors Brooke and Craig gave us this car. She LOVEs it. Every time she goes outside she gets into her car 'Dukes of Hazard' style...she doesn't use the door she just slides right in. It's pretty funny.



















We have been visiting our friend Melana quite often lately. She just had a baby 4 weeks (which of course is giving me baby fever) ago in addition to her son Zach who is about 3 months older then Mallory. She has this fun zebra toy that lights up and bounces...last time Mallory was on it she couldn't even touch the ground.



















For Labor Day my parents came down till Tuesday. I never feel like I get to spend enough time w/ them cause we are always running around.
Here is mom and Mal playing. I think mom got a good workout chasing her around.




















Josh's dad and grandma came down for the weekend too.
Mallory and Eleanor at breakfast.















Josh and John














A couple of weeks ago we went to a Japanese Steakhouse. It was a lot of fun. Mallory was pretty entertained until she got tired.


































Two weeks ago Monday Mallory went to a pediatrician allergist to get tested...we haven't heard the test results back yet but it was nice to talk to the dr and get some other information about wheat allergies. A couple of weeks ago she broke out really bad when we gave her a peanut so we think she is allergic to those too. We'll find out next week (hopefully). I just hope there isn't anything else she is allergic to.

They drew blood like an adult (through the arm). She did really good. It scared her at 1st but after she realized it didn't really hurt she was fine. Here are pictures of her war wound...it's on her right arm. The nurses gave her a Rainbow Brite toy because she was so good.

































About 3 weeks ago Mallory and I met up w/ our friends Candi and Avery for breakfast. It was a lot of fun. Mallory couldn't give Avery enough hugs. She isn't normally like that w/ other children her age. I think Avery couldn't get far enough away. It was so cute though.




























At playgroup Oliver and Mallory celebrated turning 1. They both have food allergies so I had to make some special brownies that didn't have milk, soy, wheat or nuts. Thank goodness for Whole Foods and Mother Natures Pantry stores that carry that type of stuff.




























Dad and Mal being goofy. She had a pudding face.














I am hoping to hear back from the allergist this week so I can get a medic bracelet ordered (if necessary) and actually know what she is allergic too. So far it's just been guesses. I will let you all know how the house bidding goes. I started running again today (it's been about 2+ years), it wasn't too bad. I bought a jogging stroller from a friend so Mal will be training with me. We are going to train for a 4 mile race in November. I am so excited to be running again because it makes me feel so good mentally and physically. So I'll let you know how that goes too. So that is our life in a non-peanut nut shell:)(get it because Mallory is allergic to peanuts...ha, ha, ha). Hopefully it won't be another month before I post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures you post! YAY! Mal-pal is growing up fast, too cute in the car by the way =) And yay for running too!! When's the race? You rock!

Preston and Ashten's World said...

I'm sorry about the owie....hope it didnt hurt too bad....miss you...can't wait to see you again soon!

Marcy said...

She is absolutely way to cute!! I can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving and do the race - Drew was super excited that he got to plan a running schedule for me. I've been running regularly but not 4 miles so...he kicked it up a notch or two for me...so far so good! Go 4 miles!!