Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Mallory reading

I have great news: Mallory is not allergic to MILK!!! We put her on a milk/dairy free diet for 2 weeks and figured out that she isn't allergic to milk. On the other had she still has her mouth rash...which I'm starting to determine is just eczema. I'm treating it w/ hydrocortisone cream and will eventually try tea tree oil to see if that helps. I think the reason why it flares up when she eats is because of her saliva. So right now no other allergies besides wheat and peanuts. I'm so glad she isn't allergic to milk because that eliminated a lot of things she could eat. She has lost almost a pound in the 2 weeks she's been off milk/dairy...I'm looking forward to getting my pot belly girl back.

Mallory had her 1st peanut butter and jelly sandwich the other day...of course it was soybutter and gluten free bread. But it was a very exciting milestone for us. I can't wait to give her a grilled cheese sandwich.















Sticky fingers want to touch the camera















We are very fortunate to have stores that provide gluten free products. If this would have been 30 years ago she probably would have been on a vegetarian diet. She loves spaghetti...as you can tell















Our little reader. I love how she crosses her legs. It made me tear up last night when I was watching her read cause it was so cute. When I read to her I point things out in the book...so when she is reading she points at things and gets very expressive. It's so cute.




















Aunt Becca had her 1st Homecoming last weekend. She was very pretty.















The whole group. There were 14 all together. They rented a limo and went out to eat together.















Becca, Mal and Nana Barb




















Josh, Becca and Aaron...they pulled her date aside and gave him "the talk"



















Our reader...I just hope she keeps this up while she is in school.

5 comments:

Hettinger Home said...

What a smart girl!! Too darn cute, I love how she's so engrossed in it but still looks up at you and smiles, awww :)

Tiffany said...

Hey Emily! It's Tiffany, a friend of Holly's. I met you at her bridal shower oh so many months ago!

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog, I just think Mallory is too cute! And I have to say you are one brave Mom to give her peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I just gave Savannah waffles with syrup instead of just butter today. And that was only because I was planning on giving her a bath this morning for a birthday party this afternoon!

Our Three Girls said...

Very cute! I love the food pictures. I'm so glad that Mallory isn't allergic to milk. You have enough to substitute already! Hope to see you soon.

Micah and Beth said...

Oh my goodness....she is the best reader ever! I can't believe how much expression she is showing. YOu must be a wonderful reader, cause she's learned it from somewhere!

Avery the Great said...

Mallory is so adorable reading her book with such intent concentration, what a big girl she is. So happy for you all that she isn't allergic to milk, that must have taken some weight off your mind. Love the eating pics. Peanut butter and Jelly rock at our house of course Avery usually does her hair with the concotion.
May peace be with you.