Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall is Here!!!

I know, I know it's be a LONG, LONG time since I have posted...so here we go. Last weekend Mallory and ventured to Illinois to spend time w/ the fam. My aunt was in from Wyoming...and my uncle was supposed to come from Florida but didn't make it for various health reasons. We stayed in Illinois until Tuesday morning. It was a nice, relaxing get away. So instead of a LONG story I'm going to cut to the chase and let you get to the pictures.

Mom and I went to Wendy's and they had this cut out so of course I had to get a picture.




















Mallory has finally learned how to go down the stairs correctly. She wanted to help Oma (my mom) w/ the laundry.



Quick story: Josh and I call this basement the Oma and Mallory basement because it is seriously like 5'7" so every time we go down there we have to cock our head so we don't hit it on every beam. We looked at a house the other day that totally had a basement just like mom and dads. Random I know!!










Me and Mal...doesn't she just look thrilled.















My one horned devil (no that isn't what she is for Halloween this year)















We were out somewhere and she was so tired but wouldn't give up until I handed her Mr. Bunny...then she was out like a light. She held him like this until we got home.




















Looking at all the rotten 'apples' aka tomatoes (she pretty much calls every fruit or veggie an apple)















Helping Oma pick the green 'apples'




















She was such a good little helper. I know mom really enjoyed it.




















Mal in 'the swing'. To say she LOVES it is an understatement. She wanted in it every time she went outside. We even had to have one last swing before we left.















Sunday night my grandparents had a wienie roast. Grandma finally got her hands on Mallory...she is too quick for great gma sometimes.




















Showing great, great aunt Margaret her 80's shopping cart. I dug this thing out of the garage...I used to play w/ it when I was little. The story goes that I used to put my cousin Amanda (pictured below) in it when she was a baby (she's 5 years younger then me).















Cousin Amanda showed her how to screw on a bottle cap...that was the entertainment for the evening.















Me trying to give Mal a kiss...she is already shying away from me in public















When we got to the farm grandpa was loading up his beans from the field.




















The ultimate 80's shopping cart.




















Everyone sitting around. R to L: Aunt Anita, Oma, Grandma, Michelle and Amanda















Amanda and grandpa showing Mallory how to run the 4 wheeler.















Poor Amanda had to take her on 3 rides because she wouldn't get off.















So in a nutshell that is what we've been up to lately. Halloween will be interesting w/ her allergies. We'll have to buy stuff she can have and just trade it out. She can't even have twizzlers because they have wheat in them. Oh well. I better make sure I have some benadryl just in case she gets a hold of something. I'll post more sooner then later.

P.s. we are still house hunting...but I have a feeling we are getting close. Keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that tractor ride looked awesome...you are so lucky! P