Tuesday, February 05, 2008

1 year down and many more to come

On January 20th Josh and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. We both agree that it has been a long year. We are so greatful to Barb and all of her generocity she has show us the last year. We wouldn't be were we are today if it wasn't for all of her help and patience.

We didn't do anything special for our anniversary. Barb watched Mallory for a couple of hours while we went to Chipotle for a giant burrito and some chips. Then we ran to Target to get some groceries. Its kind of nice to go just the two of us. We thawed out the cake and cut into it that night. It was actually pretty good...maybe a little dry. My mom wraped that thing up so good it probably could have gone another year in the freezer.

It still amazes us that it's been a year already. We have been very blessed w/ family and friends that have helped us out over the past year.

Mallory is our personal taste tester.




















Self portrait on the day of our anniversary.















Now for the fun stuff:
Mallory's hair is long enough to be able to put it in pig tails. The black thing is Nacho's tail



















She cried a little when I was putting them it cause I was pulling her hair...ah memories. It takes me back to the days when my mom did my hair.




















We got a new crib.














Oh you don't know the crib story...well let me enlighten you. We had loaded the crib up to take it over to the house. We were on 291 and all the sudden the crib flew out of the back of the truck and smashed into 3 pieces. I was following Josh in the car but luckily I was back far enough that I had time to slow down and get out of the way. It was completely our fault because we didn't tie it down. Because we won't be moving in a LONG, LONG time we will have this one for a LONG, LONG time (for the next 20 children we are going to have...haha)

5 comments:

the hortons said...

Happy Belated First Anniversary. Your first anniversary might have been uneventful, but at least you got a burrito out of the deal! Yum, Chipotle. The house looks great. I'm inviting myself over this week to see it in person!

amosclarkson said...

Happy anniversary-late! Love the pig tails!

Kevin and Supavan said...

Happy Anniversary! WOW, a year flies by, especially when it is filled with much excitement like having flying cribs... I'm so happy for you two that things are coming together so well... PS. nice new crib!

Sarah & Scott said...

happy anniversary! that was a sweet blog. i also love the crib. it is really nice!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on everything! You're house & anniversary! Somehow I missed hearing about the house so hooray! Let us know when your par-tay is and we'll be down :) Early happy valentine's day ~