Thursday, October 23, 2008

Growing girl

I am happy to report that our little Chloe is growing fast. We went to the dr office yesterday for a weight check and she is now 6lbs 6oz. She has gained 9oz since last Wednesday. Her stats are:
10% Head Circumference
3% Length
5% Weight
She is tiny but growing. The dr was very reassuring that everything would be fine even though she is very small. I had to remind her that Mallory was only 6lbs 3oz when she was born so I'm not too worried about it. In a way I like having small babies because that way they are littler longer.
Mallory decided she wanted to get all my high heels out and line them up for all to see. She is just a little OCD...if you try to move any shoes or get them out of order she gets pretty upset














This is Mallory's perspective of mom while giving Chloe her last sponge bath. Mallory is becoming quite the photographer. I know, nice pic huh?! Maybe one of these days I'll take a decent picture...not likely though














Ms. Chloe getting her last sponge bath...I bet she'll be glad when she actually gets to sit in water instead of freeze in the open air.














My little angel helping out.














Dad and Mal watching MU get creamed by Texas...that was a sad game.



















I bought the wings and halo about 2 years ago in the Target dollar isle...they were a pretty good investment.














Here is a pic of Mal in the wings in October 2006...so cute


Mal lounging in the bouncy














I thought this pic was funny because she totally looks bored holding Chloe...Chloe is saying 'hey' to everyone.




















Here's my happy girl holding her sis




















Mallory and Chloe. I'm going to try and get a good picture of the two girls together...but I think it's going to be harder then I realize.















That's all to report for now. I'm so happy Chloe is gaining weight...not that she's had any problem in that area. She is nursing great. My soreness has finally gone away...man that was hard. I forgot how much nursing hurt in the beginning. Chloe has gotten better w/ her nighttime sleeping. She is eating about every 3-4 hours at night and during the day. At night I'm able to get her back to sleep after a feeding...before she just wanted to be awake. I think she is finally figuring out her days and nights. Mallory is still doing great. Josh and I were talking the other day about how lucky we are that Mallory is such a good girl. I don't know how many times we scold her or tell her no and at the end of the night she still tells us that she loves us and gives us big hugs. It just melts my heart. I try and cherish every moment alone I get w/ Mallory so that she knows she is so special in my heart...unfortunately for Chloe that means I have to put her down, but she doesn't mind:)

2 comments:

Our Three Girls said...

Mallory is cracking me up with her bored look!

amosclarkson said...

Great to see you guys tonight! Love how Mallory likes to dress up. I need to have a girl some day so we can play dress up. I don't Eli will really be into that :) Glad to hear that Chloe is healthy. She's so adorable and cuddly!