Thursday, October 09, 2008

New Addition

For those of you who don't know we have been blessed with a new addition to our family on Monday, October 6th at 4:09pm.
Chloe Grace Sutton
5lbs 13oz
17in long




















She came about 3 weeks early but everything went great. I started timing contractions about 5:30am on Monday and they were 5 minutes. About 2 hrs later they were 2-4 minutes. We waited until about 9, then we took off for the hospital. We got in the room about 9:30am and I was 2 1/2 cm. An hour later I was 5 1/2 cm so they decided to keep me. I got hooked up to an IV and off we went. I progressed fairly well. I did stall out between 7-9cm...it seemed like forever. Once I got to 9 1/2cm my body was ready for this little girl to come out. My water didn't break until I did a trial push at 9 1/2cm to see if I could push past the last 1/2cm. Needless to say it was about 3 more contractions and she was out. I didn't even really push because the dr was still getting set up when her head came out...the contraction pushed her out. Josh and I were both shocked she was a girl...but so happy. She is beautiful and healthy. I was luckily able to go through the whole thing w/out any pain medication. It was extremely hard at the end but totally worth it.
Awesome picture me before Chloe decided to enter the world.



















Don't I look happy:)















Just minutes after. She was/is so tiny. I guessed she was 5lbs 12oz. Dr. Ohlhausen thought she would be closer to 6lbs. Mom is always right...even though I was 1oz off:)















Mallory's 1st time holding Chloe. She is already a baby hog. She is adjusting well. Thank goodness my mom will be here until Monday to help us all transition to a bigger family.




















Daddy taking a nap w/ Chloe




















Oma, Mallory and Chloe















I took this today. Chloe is doing so good. She is nursing great...just painful for me. She is a little jaundice, but we don't have to give her any sunlight treatments. Stay tuned for more updates.




















Mom and her girls















Mom and dad w/ Chloe

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations, Emily! She's beautiful!

amosclarkson said...

That picture of the first time Mallory is holding Chloe is SO precious! She has such a HUGE smile on her face and looking so lovingly at her. She's going to make a great big sister. Glad to hear all is going well! She's a beautiful little girl!

April & Alisha said...

Congrats...she's beautiful! I love her name! Mallory is already such a great big sis.

Preston and Ashten's World said...

We are so happy for you and your family...can't wait to get our two little one's together...

Hettinger Home said...

Wahoo!! She is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! We were all surprised, three weeks early! :) Congrats, can't wait to meet her!

Avery the Great said...

What a beautiful family of four. Congratulations on the arrival of your newest addition, may she blessed with peace, love and joy. We are all so happy for you.

Curry Favor said...

yay! what a surprise! (well, okay, i knew a baby was coming, just not so early!) i think it's hilarious that you said mallory is a baby hog already! that's a good sign...when she gets a little older, she can be a huge help! :)

sarah koehler hartley

the hortons said...

Congratulations Sutton family! Chloe Grace is adorable. I'm so happy for you all. If you need anything, give me a hollar! PS. Love the picture of Mal holding Chloe on her lap. Too cute!

Our Three Girls said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her!

Micah and Beth said...

She is too cute! I love her name. I can tell little Mallory likes her too! How exciting! Hope things are going well at home!