Friday, November 21, 2008

Fall is great

There are a lot of pictures on this post so I will cut to the chase.
Miss Chloe snoozing in the bouncy. We have to swaddle her 80% of the time. I feel bad because her arms are always glued to her side but that's what she likes. Not hearing her cry all the time keeps my blood pressure down too.




















Big sis Mal




















A couple of Sunday's ago I had my friends Lacy, Ethan and Zac over for Lacy's b-day...the big 2-9. We had a great time eating and laughing. Mallory and Ethan had a great time playing. Josh was wonderful because he watched over the little ones and Chloe while we were chatting. Thanks honey!!! You are the best.
Me, Zac, Chloe and Lacy














Enjoying some b-day cake w/ our Princess b-day hats















Happy b-day Lacy...Ethan and Mallory blew the candles out for her.














John and Eleanor came up for a visit a couple of weeks ago. Here are the guys trying to replace a breaker...lets just say our breaker box is super old and it didn't want to let go of the breaker.




















Eleanor and Chloe




















Mom and her girls.















Miss Chloe got her 1st bottle the other day. She did sucked it right down got her calmed down (swaddled). I haven't been pumping on a daily basis (because I hate pumping)...but I need to get some milk stored up for when I start working again.
Mal feeding Chloe















Close-up















Guess who is a BIG girl and goes on the potty...Mallory. We started potty training a couple of weeks ago and it's been going great. We still put her in a diaper at night but she does great during the day.




















On 11/5 we had our playgroup Halloween. The kids look so cute in their outfits.
Here are the two newest members of playgroup. Ashten (Preston's little brother born 9/30) and Chloe. Ashten was full term. Chloe and Ashten are 6 days apart.




















Mallory and Chloe















Another pic of Chloe and Ashten















All the kids: (L to R) Mallory, Oliver (lion), Zach (firefighter), Ethan (batman...he blends in w/ the fireplace), Luke (construction worker), Preston (horsey), Chloe and Ashten















Look who is awake and not crying.




















Bright eyes




















Mallory is really starting to want to play more w/ Chloe. She is good about keeping her distance but I usually have to remind her to be gentle.




















Wednesday it was so nice out Mal and I decided to rake the yard and play outside. Mallory loves the leaves. She kept getting her toys out and playing w/ them while she was sitting in the leaf pile.



































The weekend of my baby shower (9/27) Josh, Mallory and Aaron visited Papa John and GG in Rolla.
Family pic: Josh, Mallory, GG and Aaron















Josh and Mal. She likes to hide her face when she doesn't want to do something.















They all went fishing and Mallory caught the biggest fish (w/ dad's help) on her princess pole.















Holding up her catch















Mallory and GG















Mallory has really been giving me a run for my money lately. She has been acting out a lot and getting just as many spankings. I finally figured out the other day that she is acting out for attention. I really haven't been paying very much attention to her during the day because I am so busy trying to get chores done. Then when I finally do sit down it's to feed Chloe. On Wednesday when we went outside (Chloe was in the swing inside) Mallory had a blast and was extremely good that day. In part I kind of feel like a failure because I can't always give her all the attention she needs...but in a way I guess that is what happens when you are the oldest (I wouldn't know, I'm the youngest:). So my goal ever day is to spend more floor time w/ her. I am hoping this works because before too long I'm going to loose my mind.
She has been doing great w/ potty training. Only a few accidents and all but two have been pee-pee. I am really surprised how well she has taken to it because we have tried before and it never stuck. Oh well at least I don't have to buy diapers for her every 2 weeks now.
Everyone have a happy and save Thanksgiving. I'll post more after the holidays.

3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Chloe is looking so much bigger now! I'm sure it is VERY hard splitting time between two. I already worry about that and we aren't even trying yet! I know it's easier said than done (I hate seeing my house a mess, too!), but maybe saving the chores for the weekend so Josh can help so you can focus on the girls during the week :) I'm sure Josh will love me for saying that! We need to see each other soon!

Preston and Ashten's World said...

Good job on the potty training miss Mallory--told you it wasnt too bad--just got to stick with it!! Also, tell your mommy that I was a GIRAFFE for Halloween..not a horsey silly...and although Baby Ashten's size is quite large for a baby delivered at 40 weeks...he was actually delivered at 39..so even bigger...:)..anyways don't drive your mommy too crazy...they don't like that too much...and you and your mommy and sis need to come over and hang out...maybe we can make BOTH of our mommies pull their hair out together...

Rachel said...

There is a lot of guilt that comes with mothering two! Jackson is almost 2...I don't have as much guilt, but I'm still trying to figure out how to give them equal time!