Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our last week and the 1st week

Well I started my ful ltime job last week. It was a very, very tough week for me. I dropped the girls off every morning last week because I didn't have to go in until later in the morning. I did ok the 1st day...I almost cried but I held it back. I didn't want Mallory seeing me cry and being scared. The rest of the week I did pretty good unless we were checking in any young children...then it made me think about the girls and almost start tearing up. The girls love the sitter. Mallory has a blast and is always bringing home art projects. Its so cute. This week Josh is dropping the girls off because I started going in at 5:30. I'll tell you what, it feels awesome getting off at 2. The day flew by and I was out of work while the sun was still up. It really wasn't that hard getting up and going in the morning either...as long as I'm in bed by 9 the night before:) It helps that I don't have to worry about getting the girls up and in the car either.

Here are some random pictures from the previous weeks.
Miss Chloe holding her head up like a big girl. The sitter has really been working w/ Chloe on tummy time and it has totally helped her a lot. I feel bad b/c most of the time I would feed her then just put her in the bouncy seat or on her back b/c I was trying to get stuff done. Now she is getting all the attention she needs. She is totally wore out by the time I pick up the girls.














Chloe sporting her mohawk. She has cradle cap and I finally got my shampoo made (tea tree oil in baby shampoo) and we have to wash her hair every day for a week. Its been working pretty good so far. I like to comb her hair into a mohawk.



















Chloe and Mal getting some tummy time














playing peak-a-boo














Mallory decided it was time for her to pump some milk for her baby.



















Mal and Chloe playing














I spy a ballerina



















Big girl Chloe. Funny story, this is an outfit that my sister got for Chloe for Christmas.














It's a turtleneck...which you can't tell because of her cute double chin. And EVERY time she wears this outfit she has a blowout. I'm talking up the back into the hair blowout every time. I was talking to my mom one time when it happened and she said that's just payback from Laura because she used to have huge blowouts. So thanks Aunt Lala. I'll be sure to pass this outfit onto you when you have kids.
She is getting so long...but still looks so short.



















Princess Mallory rocking her baby



















When Chloe gets really tired and you stick the binky in she will hold her hands and put them by her mouth



















Chloe sleeping w/ her glowhorse...its like a glowworm but it s a seahorse. Some of the pics are blurry because someone (Mallory) got ahold of the camera.














Daddy and Mal reading books before bed. Since I have gone back to work Mallory has been getting to bed no later then 8. It is very nice because that gives Josh and I some quite time before we fall asleep.



















Big girl Chloe in the exersaucer. Nana got Chloe a jumparoo for Christmas and we finally got it put together. She doesn't last too long yet because she is still a little too unstable for it. I'm just amazed that her little legs reach the ground.














Silly Mallory



















Mallory thought that she should have a turn in the exersaucer...well she ended up getting stuck. When I tried to lift her out her legs got stuck and she ended up w/ two half circle bruses on her thighs from the seat. Sometimes I see her walking up to it and then pausing (the wheels are turning) and then walking away because she doesn't want to get stuck again.


















Miss Chloe getting a bath...too cute



















So far going to work has been pretty good...I really think I am going to enjoy the early shift and being able to get off by 2 is just wonderful. I don't feel so guilty for being at work b/c I am still able to spend a majority of the day w/ the girls.
Well I will keep you updated...I'm not sure how often but I will try.

4 comments:

amosclarkson said...

LOVE the pumping picture....too hilarious! I'm so glad that the first week went well. Besides the getting up early, that shift sounds perfect and it sounds like the girls like the sitter....which makes it easier, I'm sure!

Mrs. N. said...

The pumping pic=priceless! I am so glad the job is working out and the babysitter, as well! You're my full-time working mommy hero and I will be the next to join you in the ranks :-)

Sarah & Scott said...

very sweet! chloe is getting so big! what cute girls. and mallory's hair is getting so long!

Our Three Girls said...

I'm so glad that you found a job that you like. The girls are adorable!