Saturday, June 24, 2006

Our 1st Big Trip

Sue Farr and my mom w/ Mallory...she was a little fussy
Great Aunt Sandy and Great Aunt Carol...they adore Mallory

Four generations picture. Mom, Grandpa, me Grandma and Mallory (she loves fluorescent lights)

Well, Mallory and I decided it was time to go to Illinois and visit grandma and grandpa Bidney (Josh had to work). We left Monday morning. She did great traveling. She slept for 4 hours then we stopped for a break and slept again until we got there (about 2 more hours)...she did wonderful on the way home too. It seems like she hit a couple of mild stones while we were in Illinois. She is really starting to hold her head up more...and she loves to look at lights especially fluorescent lights. I learned from grandma that she loves to have her bottom patted nice and firm...it calms her down (for some reason I don't think it will when she starts to get into trouble). She also likes to sleep on her stomach. Josh and I had been holding her while she was sleeping so we could get some sleep (because she would wake up every time we put her down on her back). I guess it didn't occur to me that she would like to actually sleep by herself like that (on her chest). So grandma helped me out and now Josh and I can get some sleep w/ out holding Mallory and she stays sleeping (it's amazing). We loved spending time w/ family and friends. We came back Thursday afternoon. It was a rough start on the way back but we made it. We miss visiting w/ the grandparents. Of course I got lots of pictures of her w/ family. Mom has even more so once I get hers I'll post them. We are excited to go back to Illinois at the end of July.

No comments: