Tuesday, September 12, 2006

High Chairs and Baby Showers

Mallory and I at my friend Jennifer's baby shower. Her baby Addison is due in October...although she might come a little bit earlier then that. Mallory and I had a grand time...we are so excited to see baby Addie
















Last weekend Josh and I put together Mallory's high chair. Here she is trying to chew off her fingers. It's pretty funny because sometimes she sticks them so far in there that she gags herself...we have to physically remove them so she doesn't keep doing it. She has gotten her thumb a couple of times and it is just too cute.
















Here she is playing w/ one of her favorite toys...Mr. Blue Bear. I think she likes it because she can actually pick it up because it's so lite.




















This is a pumpkin my grandmother gave us. It has Mallory's name carved in it...except she forgot one 'L' but who cares it's still adorable.















Come here my pretty pumpkin. he he he!!!















Not much new is going on. I wanted to post some more adorable pictures of Mallory. She has been drooling A LOT...especially if she is chewing on something i.e. her hand, a toy, her bib. Its quite entertaining to see how fascinated she gets when she notices her hand and it moves...but then 10 seconds later she doesn't even realize that she was look at her own hand and moves on to a toy or something else to chew on. I don't think she is teething because she hasn't had a fever or been extremely fussy...but I guess we'll find out of she is. I know 4 months seems early to have teeth but mom told me that my brother Drew (I think) was teething at 4 months. I just hope it doesn't interfere with breastfeeding...time will tell.

She has been so happy lately and coos a lot. She is totally a morning person (after her 1st nap of course). She usually gets up between 6 and 7:30, eats (its more like a snack) then takes another 3-4 hour nap...then she is the happiest baby in the world. In the early, early morning she just wants to eat and go back to sleep. After her nap I can stand over her on the changing pad for an hour and we'll babble back and forth. I love this stage but in a way it makes me sad because I know that she is getting big and those little milestones will be coming fast. I just want her to stay a baby forever.

Josh and I have been struggling financially lately. I went around last week and applied for part-time jobs. I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I can work just in the evenings so that we don't have to have a sitter for more then one day. If I had to work during the day I know most of my paycheck would be going towards day care...its so frustrating, to be paying someone to be away from my child. I really enjoy being a stay-at-home mom and Josh and I are going to try to keep it that way. So keep us in your prayers.

The wedding plans are moving along. I think we almost have all the vendors/places booked...although we are having a hard time finding a church. I called the Community of Christ church in Liberty but no one has called me back. I am also looking at a Lutheran church just outside of Liberty. I told Josh our best bet (as far as money) would be to use a Community of Christ since I am a member and Independence has a plethora of Community of Christ churches. I tell ya what...it is very hard to keep the very small budget we have. I believe we will probably end up going over...But hopefully not too much.

Oh yes...one more thing. Mallory officially weighed 12 lbs at the breastfeeding class last week. Her 4 mo checkup is at the end of September...dreaded shots!!! I'm sure she will be past t he 13 lbs. mark by then;) She's growing like a weed. She is still in some 0-3 month clothing but is fast approaching 3-6 month clothing. It's been quite cool in Liberty lately (which I love...fall is one of my favorite seasons) so I have been putting her in long sleeves, pants and cute little socks. Before long she'll have to start wearing a jacket. "it's the most wonderful time of the year".

I know you all want to know the pumpkin trick. Grandma said that when the pumpkin is little (she grows them on the farm) just take a key or something that will scratch the surface and write the name in it...when it gets bigger then it will look like the picture above. Good luck!!!

No comments: