Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Boats and Cows

Wow it's been a busy couple of weeks. I'll spare the chatter and let you get to the pictures.
Mallory watching one of her 'movies' (Baby Einstein...they are a blessing). She had to have her babies and they had to be swaddled. Now if only I can teach her to swaddle before the baby comes that is one less thing I have to do.



















We went to Nana's for a BBQ and Mallory enjoyed some pudding...a little too much














Messy, messy














Nana got to do the clean up. I got to soak the shirt as soon as we got home.














Aunt Sandy and cousin Amanda stopped by after Rockfest. Mal loves her aunt and cousin














Cheese...can you tell which one is the mom and which one is the daughter:) Aunt Sandy is on the left and Amanda is on the right. It was a treat to have them over.



















Mal and dad enjoying another summer favorite...popsicles














She asks for them 1st thing in the morning.














We went to Rolla this weekend to visit Papa and GG. Mallory got her 2nd boat ride and she got to go on her 1st fishing experience.
My favorite picture of the weekend














Mal w/ mom's sunglasses on














Mal, mom and Papa














While Mal was napping Josh, Papa and I snuck out to go fishing. Don't worry GG watched Mal for us. I was the 1st to catch anything. John said I wasn't allowed to go fishing anymore.














Later on that evening we took Mallory out to go fishing w/ her Princess pole.
Mal got a bite and is trying to reel it in.














Showing off the big fishy













Tonight we went to the Antioch Library to meet some oxen.














It was pretty cool. Mallory was very patient and quiet. I was so proud of her. After the demonstration of how they work the kids were allowed to pet them.














Mallory thought petting them was the coolest thing ever. They are both only 3 yrs old and about 2,000 lbs each. They were very calm and all the kids loved them.














After a while they laid down and it was easier for the kids to pet them.














We couldn't get Mallory to quit petting them. She was pretty upset that we had to leave. She had a great time and will probably remember it for a long time. I think this girl was meant to be raised on a farm...she couldn't get enough of those cows/oxen.














Nothing new here. The baby is kicking a lot. I seriously think that by the end of the pregnancy I will probably pee my pants...this baby likes to kick me right in the bladder. I promise I will get a belly picture up. I am just as bad this time around w/ taking belly pictures. We have about 3 more weeks until our next appointment. Man this pregnancy is flying by.

3 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Love the pictures. That's so cute she caught a fish & got to pet oxen-fun! Look forward to seeing you this weekend!

Sarah & Scott said...

i feel like i should feel self conscious that your two year old has already caught a fish and i am 30 and have never been successful at it!

she is getting so big...what a sweetie!

Our Three Girls said...

I love the fishing picture! So sweet!