Monday, June 09, 2008

Summer fun

Even though it isn't officially summer we have been enjoying the warm days outside.
A couple of weeks ago we had dinner at McCoy's in Westport (my favorite). So Mallory and I got gussied up w/ all of our pretty jewelry on.




















This silly girl got ahold of some stickers and went a little crazy. She started by putting them just on her




















Then poor Nacho got attacked by the sticker monster




















And while Josh and I were having a photo montage, she was doing this...















Putting about 1/2 of the stickers on Nacho















And her face. So silly.















On of her most favorite summer foods is corn on the cob which she calls cob corn















Yum. She will seriously eat the whole thing by herself















We have been getting a lot of rain lately. We caught our 1st glimpse of a rainbow















Dad showing Mallory which direction the rainbow is




















About a week ago we took a trip to the Independence Center to do some much needed shopping. After our lunch break we let Mallory get crazy w/ all the other kids at the play area...although she mostly just stood and starred.
She loved the cars w/ two steering wheels.




















Taking the police car for a ride




















Flash back: This was taken April 27, 2007 so a little more then a year ago. It's amazing how much she has grown.




















Sweet baby















She wasn't even walking yet. Man time flies




















For Mallory's birthday I made a bunch of Mickey Mouse hats for the kids to wear. Well as you can imagine there aren't too many 2 year olds that want to keep something on their head. I have a couple left over and Mallory likes to wear them around the house every once in a while. Here she is brushing her teeth w/ her Mickey ears on.















Saying cheese while brushing her teeth...she's a good multitasker




















We have a beautiful rose bush in the front yard. Mallory loves to smell it every time she goes outside. We have told her many times not to grab it because it has ouchies. So every time she touches she says 'no touch, ouchy'.















Most of our days are spent outside in the yard or in the swing. Her favorite thing to do is wave at every car that drives by. Luckily she isn't at the age when someone doesn't wave back she doesn't take it personally.




















Catching up on the news while on the pot




















Tearing threw my wallet looking for money




















We went to Amy and Eric's for a BBQ a couple of weeks ago. Mallory loves to visit w/ Eli. It was getting late so we changed in to pj's before we headed out.
Mal and Eli sharing some crib time




















Eli is so cute and such a great baby. We actually visited Amy and Eli today. Mal and Eli got to watch a Baby Einstein video together.




















Mallory and Oma















Saved the best for last. Pictures of the sonogram. I think we have officially dubbed this baby Pumpkin. It's pretty fitting since it is due around Halloween.
Profile shot. The baby's arm is grabbing it's ear

















Head on shot. I always think this looks like an alien
















Feet. The sonogram tech said she could see 10 fingers and 10 toes
















Another profile shot.















The baby looks good and healthy. We go back in mid-July and I have to do my glucose test to make sure I don't have gestational diabetes. I'm not a fan of chugging a pure sugar drink 1st thing in the morning but it has to be done.

I threw my back out last Saturday. The recovery has been much slower then I thought it would be. I've been going to the chiropractor to get adjusted and have acupuncture done. It's helped tremendously and I am feeling much better. I just have to make sure I stretch daily and get more exercise in during the week. There is always something to do. Other then the back thing we have been doing good. I got Mallory's pool blown up, now we just have to wait for it to stop raining so I can get some water in it and she can play.

4 comments:

amosclarkson said...

Good to see you both today. Mallory is too cute & funny in all the pictures. My favorite is how she put stickers on Nacho...poor kitty kat :)

Sarah & Scott said...

love the photos - i esp love the tooth brushing in the mickey hat = way too cute!

i also love the ultrasound photos - isn't it weird how those black and white images can make you so happy? :)

love,
sarah

Our Three Girls said...

My favorite picture is Mallory and the rose! So cute! Glad that baby is growing strong and healthy!

the hortons said...

Mallory is so cute and has the BEST little personality. I can relate to the picture of her on the pot ; ) I can't wait for Pumpkin to be here. I am going on the record and saying I think the baby is a she. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...