Saturday, July 01, 2006

The latest and greatest

Here are some of the latest and greatest of Mallory:

Enjoying her bouncy chair













Giving daddy kisses

















Pretty dress

















4th of July spirit

















Ready for fun in the sun













Things have been a little rough lately. Mallory has been extremely fussy in the evenings and refuses to go to sleep until about 12 or after. She wakes up around 4 in the afternoon and doesn't sleep until midnight. So it's been a struggle for Josh and I in the evenings. We have taken her on car rides the last couple of nights and some nights it works, some nights it doesn't. I just wish there was some sure-fire way we could get her to calm down but it's something different every time...or she is just so worn our that she falls asleep during our effort to get her to calm down. So keep us in your prayers. I'm hoping someday she'll get better. I don't want to say she has colic but at this point that is what I'm thinking it is. I have been doing a colic massage routine on her and it seems to help some...the book says to do the routine for 2 weeks. We started doing it Monday so we have another week to see if it's really helping.

She has really started to coo and looking around when she isn't crying or asleep. She really focuses on you and things around you. It's so interesting...sometimes I wonder exactly what it is that she is looking at. It's so cute...if only she would smile I'd be the happiest mom in the world. I know it will come soon...I'm just impatient.

Grandma and grandpa Bidney are coming in town for the 4th of July. Mallory is excited to see them.

No comments: