Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Family and Parties

Me and Mallory at the baby shower

















Family at the baby shower













Great Grandma Edsall holding Mallory













Aunt Carol holding Mallory (post nap)













On Saturday my mom and some of her friends threw Mallory a baby shower. We had a great time and got lots of great gifts...some we can use now some we can use in the future. Mallory did good. She got a little fussy (which is normal) then exploded all over herself then spit up at the same time...so we had to change her on Sue's kitchen counter (Sue's house if officially broken in by Mallory). The cake was wonderful and it was great seeing family and friends I hadn't seen in a while.

After the party we headed back to the Bidney household and caught up w/ family. Aunt Carol got to hold Mallory for her 3 hour nap. Mallory enjoyed a warm body to lay next to (she doesn't get that too often now a days...I usually put her in her swing so I can get some things done). Dad fixed a great steak dinner and then we had birthday cake for me (my birthday is tomorrow). So we were just about caked out by the end of the day (I could never have too much cake).

Sunday we had a big breakfast/brunch then finally got on the road around 3...way later then we wanted but I guess that is what happens when you have children...they set the schedule. The drive back wasn't too bad. Josh was great...I had to sit in back w/ Mal about 95% of the time to keep her binky in so she would sleep. We only had to stop twice so she did good.

No comments: